For more information, or to schedule a session with Adrianne please email her at adriannetaylorphoto@gmail.com, or give her a call at 907-957-1537.







Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Photography Day for the Books

Yesterday was amazing. It was cold and windy and absolutely gorgeous outside. We loaded up the 4-runner with Jackson, the dogs, and all of my camera equipment and headed "out the road" with the intentions to drive all the way to the end. The end is 40 miles out of town and we had yet to drive all the way out there. We knew that with the wind blowing the way it was there were going to be some pretty giant waves, and we weren't dissapointed. It was such a fun day of taking pictures, and the icing on the cake was getting back into town right when the sun was setting over Auke Bay Marina. The Marina is by far one of my favorite places to take pictures in Juneau and last night it was AMAZING. I loved what I was able to capture (and hope you do to!).

After we got home and got Jackson to bed, Mike happened to look at the Aurora forecast. It said that in about 40 minutes there was going to be a big possibility that we would be able to see the lights in Juneau. I raced around the house getting all my gear together and managed to make it the approximately 100 yards to Mendenhall Lake right when the show was beginning. It was super dark and I had a very hard time trying to tell if I was in focus or not... turns out I wasn't. But I still shared a picture below because it was such an amazing experience getting to see and shoot the Northern Lights for the first time... and literally right out my back door!

Hope you enjoy the pics.


The beach at the end of the road, Echo Cove.


I was playing around in photoshop and was able to get this photo to look like someone might have painted it. I thought the effect was kind of cool and decided to share it.

Eagle Beach


This is for those of you who haven't had the opportunity to see Mike's purchase after he sold my beloved Honda. It's definitely a great example of what happens to cars in Juneau... rust, rust, rust. But it runs and the dogs can come with us in the cold weather so it works.

Auke Bay Marina


I was only about 30 feet away from these two. They could have cared less that I was there. It was pretty awesome.


This is my favorite pic of the day. It was just such a peaceful setting and especially in comparison to what the waters were like further out the road. I think I captured exactly what I wanted to with this picture.


The Northern Light, out of focus, but an amazing experience.


4 comments:

  1. Wow what a day you had! This photo-high will last a week at least! ;-)

    And that aurora photo - gorgeous - well caught - so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 4-Runner is gorgeous, as are your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE looking at your pictures. You have talent! How amazing to get to see the Northern Lights?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Addie....these are so beautiful. I love them all, including the Northern Lights. I think it's great. Can I come visit????

    ReplyDelete